What is classified as an opioid?
Illegal drugs such as Heroin, as well as prescription medications used to treat pain:
▪ Morphine (Avinza®, Kadian®, MS Contin®)
▪ Oxycodone (OxyContin®, Percocet®)
▪ Oxymorphone (Opana®)
▪ Hydromorphone (Dilaudid®, Exalgo®)
▪ Fentanyl (Actiq®, Duragesic®, Fentora®)
Opioids can often be referred to by their street names:
▪ Examples for Heroin include smack, diesel, “H” or Big “H”, Black tar tar, chiva, brown sugar, and poppy. Caution: China White refers to a dangerous combination of fentanyl and heroin.
▪ Examples for prescription medications include oxy, roxy, oxy cotton, percs, tabs, and hydros.
▪ Codeine is often misused or abused in a concoction referred to most commonly as syrup, lean, drank, purp, or dirty sprite. “Double-cupping” refers to the method by which it is consumed.