About the Data
• Census-tract-level life expectancy data is from the U.S. Small-area Life Expectancy Estimates Project (USALEEP), published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The USALEEP estimates cover the period of 2010 to 2015. The estimates were produced with data from death records geo-located to census tracts, population estimates from the Census Bureau, and statistical modeling to mitigate limitations from small population sizes. More details on the project's methodology are available here (pdf).
• Years of Potential Life Lost data is from the National Center for Health Statistics - Mortality Files, accessed via County Health Rankings and Roadmaps.
• Leading causes of death data was queried from CDC Wonder, based on the following parameters for underlying cause of death:
Cancer: ICD-10 codes: C00-C97.
Heart Disease: ICD-10 codes: I00-I02, I05-I09, I11, I13, I20-I25, I26-I28, I30-I51.
Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease: ICD-10 codes: J40-J47.
Unintentional Injuries: V01-V99, W00-X59, Y85-Y86.
• Ohio drug overdose death data was queried from the Ohio Public Health Warehouse.
• LiveStats: Morrow County Cancer Death Statistics
• LiveStats: Morrow County Heart Disease Death Statistics
• LiveStats: Morrow County Diabetes Death Statistics
• LiveStats: Morrow County COPD and Asthma Death Statistics