Tools and Strategies
A few of our favorite tools to help you improve:
Ways to look at the data
• Healthiest Communities Data Explorer and Site – A way to help you explore all the data for your county aligned with the WIN framework, as well as compare across counties.
• City Health Dashboard – Ways to look at subcounty-level data across many of the WIN and related measures.
• Community Commons Community Health Needs Assessment Navigator – A free tool to help you run an indicator report of your choice from publicly available data.
Where to start
• Equity Atlas – Policies and tools to create system change to address inequities across sectors.
• Healthy Places Index policies – A curated set of policies aligned with most of the domains of the WIN framework designed to help you improve.
• Promoting Health and Cost Control in States – State-level policies to improve health and lower cost.
Tools to act
• Measure What Matters – Free tool to help you develop a plan for improvement across sectors, then measure and track your improvement. This tool can help you share data across sectors.
• Change Library – A searchable database of evidence-based and promising programs, practices, and stories about what improves health, well-being and equity across sectors. Focused on making implementation easier.
• What Works for Health – A database of evidence-based programs and policies to improve the health and well-being of communities.