STAMFORD CTTRANSPORTATION AND COMMUTING
MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION
The American Community Survey, conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, publishes detailed estimates on commuters' means of transportation to work. This data is limited to workers 16 years and older, and is collected based on the workers' residences rather than the locations of their jobs.
Car, Truck, or Van
Worked from Home
More people are using a car, truck, or van to get to work compared to 2007-2011.
Between 2013-2017, 14.86% more people drove alone to work.
More people employed in Stamford live outside the city than live inside the city. In 2017, approximately 54, 433 people worked in Stamford but lived elsewhere.
ABOUT THE DATA
• Means of transportation to work as percentages of commuters is from ACS Table: S0801.
• Transportation to work trends are from ACS Table B08301.
• Travel time to work data is from ACS Table S0801.
• Inflow/Outflow data is from the U.S. Census Bureau's OnTheMap Application and LEHD Origin-Destination Employment Statistics.
• Metro-North Rideship data is from the City of Stamford.
This report uses the Census Bureau Data API but is not endorsed or certified by the Census Bureau.