Vision and Data to Help
Shape Our Future
Every day, local non-profits, schools, health care providers, businesses and governments make plans about Park County's future. But in many instances these decisions are not coordinated with other entities, nor striving towards mutual goals or based on a common set of data.
We Will Park County is a citizen-driven initiative of the Park County Community Foundation that offers a common vision and data set to help coordinate the limited resources of these hard working entities. Think of this project as a useful tool, or a common language that everyone in Park County can use to better inform, coordinate and develop solutions for Park County’s most pressing needs.
The Park County Community Foundation articulated the community vision after hearing thoughts from more than 700 community members including: discussions with nonprofits and other community leaders; a county-wide survey with more than 640 responses; and six focus groups in Livingston, Clyde Park, Wilsall, Emigrant, Gardiner and Cooke City.
1. We will continually strive to improve the well-being of all our residents. Click here to view the report on Health, Safety, and Education.
2. We will support development of diverse and viable economic opportunities consistent with the character of our community. Click here to view the report on Economic Performance.
3. We will support good solutions that address affordability for all who choose to live and work here. Click here to view the report on Housing and Affordability.
4. We will embrace and nurture our sense of community. Click here to view the report on Small Town and Rural Lifestyle.
5. We will remain one of the most beautiful places to live on earth. Click here to view the report on Landscapes and Natural Beauty.
Of course, our vision won’t amount to much if we don’t back it up with real data to help us measure, predict, and achieve progress. With the help of economists from the University of Montana, Montana Department of Labor and Industry, and Headwaters Economics, We Will Park County has established a dashboard of key metrics in 5 corresponding categories that local organizations can use.